grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nite Danna.

2. Mutt Farm

I don't remember that story?

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    MYTH OR FACT ? do chickens go into a coma state after dark? I think not! i have 2 nest boxes with 2 hens to each one. i didnt want them to set. i have enough. they didnt care what i thought. seeing as i cant keep up with days i just know its been a while. soo, i went out tonight well after dark with thoughts of coyotes, foxes and all the other things that go bump in the night. first nest, 16 eggs, one fertile. silkie and cochin hen. sweet girls. put the good egg back and let them figure out who gets it. on to the second nest. not sure of breeds, maybe black tailed buff and the other looks like coffee w/ cream very tiny girls. 3 eggs under the first one all ready to hatch, one looked like an internal pip, i dont know about the second one because as i was giving the first ones eggs back, i got attacked by them both !! with only one finger bleeding and my pride in the dirt i came back in the house. worries of wild animals long gone.
    Here's one granny.

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry,it was supposed a quote

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Thank you Red !

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    You can hit hte green arrow to go back to where this was posted and see more of the conversation.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Here's the other one.

1 person likes this.
  8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am totally impressed !! I tried and got no where nor do I see a green arrow but I am sure this is enough ammo . Thanks you both !

9. Mutt Farm

That's about the funniest thing ever!

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Ah, yes, cool weather -- love it when it arrives and brings all those cold weather foods with it. Made a lovely pot of beef stew and homemade yeast rolls today!

Yep, it's me - when we bought the house the garden tub was the one feature I thought I liked most -- in the years we have lived here I think I have bathed in it five times.....but it does make a fabulous brooder for smaller batches of chicks, DH even built me custom "lid" for it.

Congrats on the new additions

You do EVERYTHING with them -- there is no end to the different attachments you can get for them from ice cream maker, pasta maker, sausage stuffer, meat grinder, slicer/grater/spiralizer --- oh, and you can mix stuff with it too, lol. My pretty little "berry" colored kitchen aid is my favorite kitchen toy -- can't bring myself to put it in a cupboard because it's just too pretty to hide....

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by