grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my previous rant, looks like another Monday here again. But on the bright side went out to the coop early this morning to let birds out & collect morning eggs. This is what I found. The egg on the right is a XL size ISA Brown egg, the one on the left is the 2nd largest egg I ever gotten - 3.61 oz

Last edited:
So I headed off to the post office first thing this morning to get my chicks, imagine my surprise when I got there & there were no chicks. This is a new hatchery for me.In fact the only one that was still shipping birds in this year. Right from the beginning there has been problems. Said they could ship on the original ship date if I substituted California Greys for the 5 Pearl Leghorns that I had ordered. So I agreed, just wanting to get the birds here before our weather went south. I get home 2 days later to a message on my answering machine that says "Hi I'm so & so you talked to so & so 2 days ago and just calling to confirm your ship date of Nov. 13th. That is not what I agreed upon. I call the hatcherie back to let them know they had made a mistake again. That my order had been bumped out to Nov. 4th due to the shortage of Leghorns & that my order had been changed to California Greys & was being shipped directly. She say "oh no, that's not possible because I put a call out to the hatchery & they don't have enough of some of your other birds" I told her "your kidding me right?" I've went from getting my chicks the 3rd week of October to them arriving on Nov. 13th. I was p*ssed, so this week arrives & Tues comes & goes without a call or text saying the birds have shipped. So I called them yesterday to find out what's up. The gal says "oh ya, they shipped yesterday, its not our practice to call or email when the birds ship. But yes my birds will be to my post office Thurs. morning. So to make a long story short, birds were not at the post office this a.m. the post master says "you have a tracking number, right? We will just look it up to see where they're at." Nope no tracking number here because the @ssholes don't notify you when they ship or the tracking number. They are never getting my freaking business again. Postmaster told me they get a midday shipment in & would let me know if they came in, GRRR......

what Hatchery ??? you should write a review on them for this site.

Chicken lady I cant wait to see what u get. I have 3 BSL that should lay any time now Have 3 more 4 week ones.
I sure hope they aren't going to be persnickety. By fall next year, I will have my current layers to rehome. They will be 18-24 months old by then. I've found that with the production birds its best to be replacing them by 18 months. But we are doing it for egg sales. If your just wanting them for your own personal use then they would be fine.

Morning Twist & Jane, I normally use McMurrays Hatchery but like I said. No other hatcheries were selling pullets until next year. Some had limited availability on straightrun or males, but I've had to rehome way too many roos this year so that option was out. Plus these are for uping the egg numbers for next spring.

morning all. Rough night. lol Lisa, every time i get chickens in the mail they are a day late. would call stomburgs back and insist they give tracking # or to find where they are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom