grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Morning all. Up before the chickens. Now i hear a cockadoodledoo.

2. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Angleton?

I work in Houston, live way far away.

twisted, you should visit now........perfect time of the year, still shorts weather, but humidity is way down.

3. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    60 degrees this am and drizzly. May rain again today. BO roo still so muddy he can barely walk He is only one that wouldnt let me wet him with hose.

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Amberlinks are the worst in my opinion, never got an egg out of the 5 I got from TSC years ago. 3 were roo's and had to be dispatched at 11 weeks because how rough they were with the ladies (they were possessed little devils) The 2 pullets I rehomed at 15 weeks because of the constant fights in the flock.

5. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Ya that's what I had read & suspected. The reason I choose to cull instead of treat.

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Granny & Mutt, sorry that the both of you have had to endure such horrible situations. Praying that God will bring peace to you both :hugs

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I got mine from an auction, not sure on age. They looked like battery hens. But mine laid like crazy! Great big eggs every single day. They also ate nonstop, which is why I sold them.

8. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas

Granny!!!

I can't believe you said that, but I like it. Lol

9. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    So I headed off to the post office first thing this morning to get my chicks, imagine my surprise when I got there & there were no chicks. This is a new hatchery for me.In fact the only one that was still shipping birds in this year. Right from the beginning there has been problems. Said they could ship on the original ship date if I substituted California Greys for the 5 Pearl Leghorns that I had ordered. So I agreed, just wanting to get the birds here before our weather went south. I get home 2 days later to a message on my answering machine that says "Hi I'm so & so you talked to so & so 2 days ago and just calling to confirm your ship date of Nov. 13th. That is not what I agreed upon. I call the hatcherie back to let them know they had made a mistake again. That my order had been bumped out to Nov. 4th due to the shortage of Leghorns & that my order had been changed to California Greys & was being shipped directly. She say "oh no, that's not possible because I put a call out to the hatchery & they don't have enough of some of your other birds" I told her "your kidding me right?" I've went from getting my chicks the 3rd week of October to them arriving on Nov. 13th. I was p*ssed, so this week arrives & Tues comes & goes without a call or text saying the birds have shipped. So I called them yesterday to find out what's up. The gal says "oh ya, they shipped yesterday, its not our practice to call or email when the birds ship. But yes my birds will be to my post office Thurs. morning. So to make a long story short, birds were not at the post office this a.m. the post master says "you have a tracking number, right? We will just look it up to see where they're at." Nope no tracking number here because the @ssholes don't notify you when they ship or the tracking number. They are never getting my freaking business again. Postmaster told me they get a midday shipment in & would let me know if they came in, GRRR......

10. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Sorry for my previous rant, looks like another Monday here again. But on the bright side went out to the coop early this morning to let birds out & collect morning eggs. This is what I found. The egg on the right is a XL size ISA Brown egg, the one on the left is the 2nd largest egg I ever gotten - 3.61 oz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by