grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Goodnight everyone, its been a long day going to call it a night.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I haven't had very good luck with hatchery Rhode island, mine have always been mean. I stay away from them.

3. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    well this cross seem nice so far and the 1 roo they sent my mistake if a very very nice roo and protective of all the hens. Even against the other rooo's if they get to mean.

4. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Granny...you posted this last night. I've read it over and over and over. I'm not sure if I have words to thank you enough for sharing that with me. Your words to him probably saved yours and Robert's lives. I had terrible guilt about my father. My Mom (they got divorced when I was in 4th grade) kept telling me to make amends, that if he died without a reconciliation that I would never forgive myself. I disowned him. He was a liar, a cheater a womanizer and a lecher. When he was diagnosed with Parkinsons, his young chick wife left him. I refused to move him to Ca into my home and care for him. You're not supposed to do that to your parents. He chose not to be old. Day after Christmas 10 or so years ago, he drove his car to a parking lot and shot himself in the stomach. Not so much Merry Christmas any more. He won.

5. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Good night to all I am beat and still need to have something for dinner.

Sweet Dreams Warm Fuzzies and Prayers for those in need

6. Mutt Farm

[​IMG] I have 2 claw foot tubs. Laying out back. Wish I could get $200 cause I'm not hauling them cross country.

7. Mutt Farm

[​IMG][​IMG] HE WAS!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! Cat got his tongue![​IMG]

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I had amberlinks! They would run on my legs like cats. Suuuuuuper bullies in the flock, though.

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Mutt, that's terrible about your dad, but 100% nothing to do with you as far as blame goes. I don't understand the reconciliation thing that people always make a big deal over. It's great if both parties are willing and or able, but it's not truly forgiveness if you don't feel it. You can't force it. Someone wants forgiveness for things they screwed up so they can feel better. It's just more selfishness. I'm not sure why you should feel bad. It wasn't you that caused the problem in the first place, and forgiveness for what he did needs to be earned, in my opinion.

However, you need to forgive for yourself so you can let it all go and enjoy Christmas. We are only human, and none of us perfect. I like granny's suggestion to write it all down on a paper and have a ceremonial burning. You don't have to forgive his actions and how he affected your childhood, but you can forgive his human failings, his weaknesses, which is something we all have. Society puts such high expectations on parents, and not all of them can come close to living up to those expectations. It was a huge revelation to realize my parents were actually just people. Having kids doesn't suddenly give parents special powers or dissolve their flaws, and they too are the products of how their parents raised them. For yourself only, maybe you can forgive a flawed and probably unhappy man. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by