grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes. They were stock tank de-icers. Sold on amazon as pond heaters. NOT! I was trying to keep a small koi pond above 60 for the algae eaters. By the time I needed them, I couldn't return them. Not much use out here!

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Its easy to do, you probably would have hurt yourself. Which brings me to a story about hubby & I when we were early married. Of course we had kids already and we all were horsing around on the living room floor when hubby thought it was funny to pin me down & tickle the daylights out of me. When I finally got loose I swung to slug him in the shoulder. He bobbed just as I swung. My knuckles connected with his very bony shoulder blade. Turns out when I slugged him it pushed my knuckle on my baby finger back into larger knuckle messing up my hand. It started swelling right away & was very painful. Hubby had to take me to the doctor & they put it in a splint cast kinda deal that I had to wear for 4 weeks. It was so embarrassing to tell the doctor what I had done to hurt it. And of course he & the nurse started laughing when I told them I had hurt it slugging my hubby. So did everyone else that saw my cast & asked what I had did to hurt it. Cured me, never slugged hubby again :lau

2 people like this.
  3. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Shoot I just remembered I have 6 roosters doing the anchor stroke in the water tank at the farm relaxing . We if they aren't relaxed buy now there is something wrong. [​IMG]

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

My rooster lost his comb to frostbite last winter.

5. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Can someone tell me or give me a good link about treatment for bubble foot? I'm thinking my roo has it.

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I took a pic of my office yesterday. I called it a "panorama of despair." It's so upsetting because there's no room to get anything done.

7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Shoot they are relaxed, smoking & on their way to Vegas by now :lau

8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I did [​IMG]

9. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw pics of your setup, looked like you had NICE big raised coops. I know ZIP about wintering chickens. In Mi, we had carpeted boxes in the milk barn. That was it. It seems like a lot of work what ya'll do. I'm thinking out loud...if you added electrolytes (salt) to the water, that would lower the freezing point a few deg. Wonder if that would harm the chickens?

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    its bumble foot . wear gloves because its a staph infection. soak the foot in epsom salt bath . thats about all I know about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by