grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I have a hose strung up to my layer coop, and the water that sits in the hose, especially on hot days, smells terrible. It's also makes the water foam a bit when you spray it into the container, so I figure there must be chemicals leaching out from the hose. We always run the old water out first. Hubs is toying with the idea of putting a spigot by the coop, but we would run pvc pipe for that. Rarely freezes here either. Make sure whatever system you use can be cleaned easily. Some of the fountains I've seem fill up with muck and algae.

You'll do great! Take a deep breath! Think positive! Good luck! [​IMG]

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well y'all are both lucky. My mom looks young but my dad not so much. But my dad and I smoke and both use to drink. I really had a problem with alcohol. No way should a person be able to drink a case every night and never have a hang over. Never missed a day of work. My mom never smoked or drank.

3. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

We don't drink that much. But we do enjoy a few light beers in the evening when the kids go to bed and we watch tv. We don't party like we did when we were young unless for weddings or Super Bowl kind of stuff and the occasional bbq

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Well I had better go do chores. I had to make a Dr. Appt. so to town I go. Already needed to go in to pickup my scripts that were filled from this weekend. Will head to feed store & get some bedding. Its a sopping, soaking mess in my runs. Hope everyone has a great day. Will be back this evening ttfn.

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    hope you feel better. I got so frustrated before because they Dr made me come in every time. I've always had bad sinuses and he knows that. I know what they are for having them so much. Last time he made me come in , he ask what was bothering me. I told him that he was for making my sick @$$ crawl out of bed to come see him. I told him to just give me the prescription for amoxicillin and I'd be on my way. He didn't even look at me and already had the script made out.

unfortunately pearls says the same lol.

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Good luck Star with your interview. I will be keeping fingers & toes crossed :hugs

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Nothing wrong with that. I just wasn't made like that. Felt like I had to drink ever beer in the house before bed. Stopped everyday for a case. Thank God I'm through with that.

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well think I'll get off of here for awhile. Ttyl.

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I was on FB for a min. talking to a lady about a bengal kitten. for free... I am hoping Ol mare will grab her . she is sooo pretty !![​IMG] I just cant do another house cat.

10. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Bengals are cool cats. Cats and I dont get along well. Im a snuggler and every cat I have been around isnt. LOL.. but bengals are kind of the dog of the cat world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by