grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks camping. I guess if it's meant to be it will be. Its just so nerve racking to have waited this long and have this happen. Maybe those were duds.

yeah twist I'm sure no one incubating has ever freaked and tried to help lol.

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I have a hen or maybe more then one LOL a lot of them look alike. But when you lift her a little to get the eggs she/they will hug a couple up under their wings. Very disconcerning the first time it starts to "rain" eggs. Now I just pick them up and move then to a different box of course they almost never stay in the box I place them. But at least I know they aren't trying to "shoplift" eggs.

3. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    he isn't going "fishing" with a stick of dynamite is he ??? [​IMG]

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    well I am off to something just not sure what yet. Other then it's probably going to involve a can of pledge.

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Red, I'm pretty certain that those probably were duds. They seem to know those things. There is never a guarantee that all eggs will hatch, but praying you will get a few at least. Its probably best with the first time momma's to not have too many chicks because they are just learning too. Sorry this has been so stressful for you, each time it get easier, trust me. Back to my letter :hugs

7. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Twist I just have my mom left & I am so very blessed to have her & her & I are very close. She is the best mom in world IMO.

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Ok back to working on letter, bye

9. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC

Thanks. Both of y'all. I praying they were duds. She's sitting on six now. She broke one as I was trying to lift her. Got to thinking and talked to pearl. She reminded me that when we candled that there was two or three that we were unsure about. And they were Brown eggs. All four of the white one are left and two Brown. Maybe those were duds.

10. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    5k info:

Purpose: to raise money for kids who can't afford camp. Usually foster kids, for us.

Food: yes! Jambalaya and cornbread, drinks, dessert. $5 a plate.

Registrations: I just ordered 50 shirts, so over 40 registrations!

Volunteers: pfft, millennials don't commit in advance. A good many will show up, though.

Most of the backwork is me (sponsors, silent auction, shirts, food, fliers). DH will do (or delegate) the day-of setup: route marking, water station, sound equipment, organization, heavy lifting, etc. Assistant and Intern will fill in the gaps.

Here's our flier!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by