grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama

Adding light today. Had to buy extension cord because dont have power at coop

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Morning :frow

Why you hiding?

3. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

I had to buy some eggs this morning :barnie

I'm getting maybe one or two a day if I'm lucky. I've just take Brenda back to my mothers too so will be even less now.

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Morning y'all. We had a freeze warning last night!! I can't believe it! Though I should have known, because the guineas were roosted inside the coop. I've started using them to predict the weather.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Morning camping :frow

We had a freeze last night too, chicken water was frozen this morning!!

Guineas predicting weather!! Nothing better than nature to predict it and they are probably better than the weather men/women!!

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I did know about your freeze, my friend told me. The guineas are so neat! They like to roost on top of the coop, but several times I've gone to round them up because of rain in the forecast, but they were already inside. They are better about it than the chickens.

7. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Wish my two little frizzle pullets would go in the coop. Every night without fail I have to let them off the nest box of the coop and put them inside. They have been in the coop and run for weeks now but still don't go in!! Drives me mad but they are not having any of it yet.

I'm not sure where the Guineas at the farm sleep, I've seen them today when I've been down to Harry horse but where they go on an evening who knows!
    They are birds of mystery!!

8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    No snow for me last night . I think it came around me though..
    was hiding in my room because GS has my chair. he is still snoring !

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Almost forgot to tell you all ! DD got her food stamps [​IMG] So relieved . she got partial this month but they will come again. She also said she will come here to cook a big fat turkey. . Wish I could get the house cleaned . Its so dusty ! I could write a story on my tables. Yuck ! I guess dinner will be paybacks . Hope I can at least make some baked beans. hers , not so good. LOL You think I helped by losing my temper with them and telling them the kids were starving ? I told them a lot and I was not very quiet. I did expect I would need that bail money. [​IMG]

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Morning all, looks like I have some catching up to do - popped off last night to do a couple quick chores and ended up never coming back.
    @ChickenLady2014 ---BEAUTIFUL pictures!
    @granny hatchet - our time together was definitely too short, but I enjoyed every minute. I have to admit, the busy part was actually a good thing from my side as it helps me work through the anxiety part when there is a lot else going on that means the focus is not all on me. I so enjoyed meeting you and your darling GS, though, and we WILL have to do it again (like when I drive you to the hospital - lol)
    @napdognewfie - so was this what you saw when you talked to Granny?
    [​IMG]

Because it totally seems to fit her personality, lol.

There's an episode of South Park that explains that, lol, I believe you grab on and ride them like an old fashioned hoppity horse ball.

Beautifully put -and entirely true, Red!!!

Have to laugh about people not sounding like you expect - my thing is when you spend a lot of time talking to someone on the phone and get this mental image of what they look like ---and then you meet them in person and were SOOOOO off. My previous position meant I spent a lot of time on the phone with the same people every week, built up this mental image of each of them and my mind was blown when I finally had occasion to see them in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by