grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    yep and then get arrested of indecent exposure. Went to use the toilet just the "little job" not awake yet and all of the sudden I don't hear anything hitting the water look down to discover that Beth had jumped up with front feet on the bowl to see what I am doing or something, & then looks up at me like what-cha doing dad, sigh so she got her head bathed. Twice the first not being planned. Need much coffee before puppy in the morning or gonna have to start sitting to pee. UFFDA

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    OH and I do have a pet door and it seems that she has been using it for the "big" jobs loves to play out there except when below zero. Brings in all the trash that has blown in over the winter, also dead grass, leaves, twigs/sticks , vines freshly removed from the plant , and frozen dog nuggets.

3. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I :love LOVE :love them. They're my favorite, which is why we're getting into breeding them now. Pretty in the yard, very curious and friendly. Mine aren't very cuddly, but I got them as adults so I don't hold it against them. The pullet was actually my favorite lap bird for a long time, but one day I picked her up and she bit me! I think she was traumatized and overly-handled by a chicken sitter.

They're not prolific layers, and mine are particularly finicky about the weather. (Raining? Below 40? Oops, no eggs.) But I don't think that's breed specific. No one on the sussex thread seems to have that problem. But I have a laying flock, so keeping them for eye candy isn't a big deal.

Hope that's helpful! They have their drawbacks, but they're so lovely. I need to weigh my roo, because he's so heavy. He's very solid and handsome, and really just a total gentleman. Good flock protector, but he doesn't chase me or my kids.

I'd be happy to send eggs. :)

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Thanks for the feedback - you have done nothing to talk me out of needing some in my flock, lol.

5. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

:D :D :D

You quoted me before I got to the edit, lol. On the roo, 8 lbs doesn't actually sound heavy enough. I was going to say 12 lbs first, but that sounded absurd. I'm not good at estimating weight.

6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hahahaaaa,, poor puppy !

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ol mare, if you are not in a hurry maybe we could split an order? campingshaws, we live in the same town. we havent met yet though. be a good reason to.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    1. 7 pounds
    2. In the US, Speckled, Red, and Light Sussex are recognized, while the British recognize several more varieties, including Buff, Brown, and Silver. It is famous as a table fowl and the cocks should weigh in at 9 pounds, with the hens reaching 7 pounds. The hens, which are fair setters, lay a light brown egg.
    3. Speckled Sussex - FeatherSite

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    @ Camping and Granny----What a bunch of enablers you are :)

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by