grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    x2

I was REALLY board this afternoon so I made a avatar.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    He's in no more pain, Ollie my favorite chicken/rooster is no longer with me [​IMG] Thank to all of you for trying to help, it's all my fault, I should have asked for advice last week when I wormed them and he started acting funny.

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    So sorry CLady. It's hard because they hide any illnesses. Part of survival in a flock, but it sure doesn't make it easier for us to help them. [​IMG]

4. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of Ollie. It's not your fault, these types of things can just take you by suprise. They can be sick all along but you don't notice anything until its too late. He left knowing love, and will be waiting the brige to see you again.

always remember,
    Let time heal the wounds,
    let the momories heal the heart.

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I am so sorry for your loss.

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I know how you feel. One of my favorite hens literally fell off of the roost a few weeks ago. I don't know what happened. I had not noticed her being 'off' or anything. She was probably 4 years old, still laying her lovely blue eggs. Appeared to be of good flesh when I checked her the week before. The night was the third COLD night in a row, about 12* or so. I could tell she was dead when she hit the floor, her body was butt up, a little tilted to the side when I found her the next morning.

I had kept her to this age because she was a very good, year 'round layer. I had planned on breeding her to my Araucana rooster this spring and was then going to trade roosters with someone raising Araucanas. I was going to save her pullets to breed to the new rooster.

So much for plans. I feel your pain, my hen will greet Ollie on rainbow bridge.

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    He beat me to it, lol. That is a favorite movie of DD and I - this past year at fair she even pulled the whole, "Farm boy - polish my horse's saddle" bit on her bf (he knows his line is always, "As you wish")

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Thank you all for your very kind words. This chicken thing sure is hard some times. I have lost others but Ollie was the best, hopefully out of the 5 remaining chicks I have left, one of them is his offspring. It would be a mix, but maybe it would have his tempermant & personality.

Enola so sorry for your recent loss of your favorite hen, its so darn hard. How do these little creatures get so embedded in our hearts?

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    If your cord is melting it's the wrong cord.

Some cords sold are light, medium and heavy duty. You need the heavy duty cord. It's a thicker gauge.

If possible plug your light directly into an outlet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by