grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    yes, she has applied for medicaid. ol mare, I wasnt planning on any more swaps but he did mention meeting there as well. I may just do that.

2. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thank you enola, he said he had to pay people to drive him around and i know this to be true. If i need to go to madison i will give him a call.

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I have GOT to quit reading just randomly picked threads......

I just read a post that claims you can sex a chick by looking at the shape of it's poop.....!!!!

I am so glad I peed before I read that!

I read it to Mike, he said even a 'city' boy would know better than that. And then shook his head..........

So, now I am worried anout me. Am I too easily amused???

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    LMAO - yeah, I didn't even bother to address that little gem, only the false nature of the wing sexing claim in the same post.

5. enola

I figured you would respond....... I am still chuckling.........

Granny, you sure do have problems..... Have you guys exhausted all of the agencies for help?

I know plenty of families that are living off of "the system". Only one of the parents is working, usually part time, mostly to half heartedly show that they are "trying". (But in a lot of cases, that is the only job they can get in this area.)

Is there housing in your area that is based on income?

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    enola, there is section 8 housing. there is a 1-3 yr. waiting list for that. they haven't received "help" from anyone except food banks.

7. enola

They should be eligible for food stamps.

In VA I know a family that got food stamps while the husband was not working due to a job injury. He was receiving work comp at the same time. It was a 6 family house hold.

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    But if it's on the internet, it's gotta be true!!! [​IMG]

9. enola

Well, now we have a whole new reason to go around looking for poop piles to examine.........

Wait!........ The poster never posted what shape went with what sex......

Maybe I can solve that mystery for her.....

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Granny, so sorry about your daughter. Food stamps (or whatever the program is called now) are a good idea for her family. Pretty much anyone can qualify, so that wouldn't be a problem. Worrying about feeding your kids is too much stress for anyone, let alone someone with a health problem. It can't be good for her. At first when they moved near you I thought how good it would be for you to have help while healing. Now I think it's the other way around. Must be a great comfort for your DD to have her mom there for her. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by