grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ol mare, if you get a chance to go to Ernest's home you should take it. It was amazing. hard to find though. lol he has a giant gold spangled rooster that was humongous ! its back came to my knee . lets say he wouldnt of had a problem pecking me in the belly button and i am a tall girl. (thats how i get away with being fat). little ducks running everywhere. It was just awesome. I looked at everything and the MAN waited in the car. I think thats why he got grumpy.
roll.png

hey, my new chicken can do a neat trick ! She laid an egg today and made it disappear ! How cool is that ? actually, he told me she was an egg eater. I was blinded by her beauty. So i have some work to do. nothing new there. I also have 9 dozen eggs in the fridge . I dont much care. I will though when i want to set them.

my SIL changed my computer from google to firefox. so far its faster and no freezing. Hoping it stays this way. today when i tried to post it kept jumping back to the top of the page.

Hello again all! Have been away from BYC for a while and it's taken me a week to get caught up on this thread!

Granny, I still worry about you taking care of yourself so you can take care of all those chickens!

Enola- (which my phone autocorrect unhelpfully changed to Ebola) I hope your Mckenzie keeps doing well.

Twisted- what a complicated way to make a living. People sure are the ($:&s sometimes. I occasionally watch that show where they fix up the basement of someone's house as a rental. Seems like the advice consistently given is to price the monthly rent higher to get a better "quality" renter. Is that something that would work in your situation?

I'm spring cleaning today and hope to get some spring chickens in a couple of weeks when I'm done traveling for work. Want to bring in a few new layers so we have eggs over the winter, and while I'm at it I might as well raise some meat birds to make it worth my while, right?

Gonna go fold some laundry, but it's good to be caught back up- hugs to all!

They didn't hold still long enough for me to see any boys!  :lol:   Very cute and healthy looking.

Can you sex a Polish by the shape of the crest?  I don't even know what type of combs they have.

I've been reading up on it, and it's about as good as anything else. I found a person who said the shape of the crest at hatch can tell sex, and they've had 94% accuracy. I went back and looked at their "baby" pics and by that method both silver-laced are roos, and the other four pullets. I know both sussex chicks are roos, and at least one cochin.

Edit to add website: http://www.swpoultry.com/CindySite/Sexing_Polish.html

Last edited:
@Kat, glad you got caught up. Spring is a busy time for all . We moved the seramas to the cabin today. washed all the brooders, scrubbed everything down. That was an all day job. well not for me, my husband and GS did most the work.

As much as I support kids and chickens, some days I really wish there were an age limit involved in participation on BYC - which is what makes threads such as this a lovely refuge. Thank you, Granny, for having carved out a nice spot for grown ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom