grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've heard it all!
Portland: (Jan. 19, 2015), A 4-year old chicken who was recently rescued has started crowing and needs a new home because neighbors have started complaining about the crowing. Her current guardian says that she believes the chicken to be a biologically female chicken who is transgender and now displaying male characteristics; however, this chicken may be biologically male

Portland Transgender Chicken 3-resized

PENNSYLVANIA

Seriously??? You don't suppose canibus use is involved? is that another northwest coast port city I can't keep them straight.

Now I've heard it all!
Portland: (Jan. 19, 2015), A 4-year old chicken who was recently rescued has started crowing and needs a new home because neighbors have started complaining about the crowing. Her current guardian says that she believes the chicken to be a biologically female chicken who is transgender and now displaying male characteristics; however, this chicken may be biologically male

PENNSYLVANIA

Weird thing is, when I was a kid, we had an adult hen that started crowing after the flock rooster got killed by a neighbor's dog. Case of nature abhors a vacuum, I guess. Her crow was pretty good, but was definitely not rooster quality, and she didn't do the early morning crowing either.

Seriously??? You don't suppose canibus use is involved? is that another northwest coast port city I can't keep them straight.

LOL - that must be Seattle you're thinking of -----that said, just because it isn't legal doesn't mean it isn't an issue in Portland, Portland has plenty of "unique individuals", lol Funny story, on my recent trip back to Oregon to visit my family I had a plane change in Chicago. I texted my DH from the gate after finding my connection and said, "Made it (delays had cut my layover by more than half, so I'd been worried about that) - I know I'm at the right gate because the people here waiting LOOK like they belong in Portland" -- being a Portland native born and raised, DH got that. (note - not a slam on Oregon or PDX, lived there and loved it, but if you've been there you know it has a particular vibe/reputation, lol)

LOL we are a unique bunch in the Great Pacific Northwest but that is in Pennsylvania.
I have a hen in my flock that doesn't have a Rooster and will jump up on a stump sometimes in the morning and crow with the Roosters in the other flock. But that Rooster at the rescue is obviously a Rooster.

I have a hen that is prolapsed I tryed to get it to go back in but it won't stay in even after standing there for awhile with my finger in a chickens Butt and my husband thinking I'm loosing it. It still comes back out.
1f61e.png
I but plenty of Vaseline on it. If given some time will it go back in on its own?

Sorry about your hen, Suzierd. I've heard that they can go back in if not too big. One of my hens had a bad prolapse this spring. I didn't have any success fixing it.

I have a hen that is prolapsed I tryed to get it to go back in but it won't stay in even after standing there for awhile with my finger in a chickens Butt and my husband thinking I'm loosing it. It still comes back out.
1f61e.png
I but plenty of Vaseline on it. If given some time will it go back in on its own?

Try putting a little Prep H on it to help with the swelling. Sprinkle turmeric (the yellow spice in your pantry!) over her food to combat inflammation from the inside, too.

MrsB

Last edited:
Now I've heard it all!

PENNSYLVANIA

Obviousy a cross dresser!

:lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom