grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats great about the veining ! its very early so some may not show yet. I didnt know there was a law about baby birds. just never thought about it i guess. I didnt know ol mare did an interview. she sure keeps things hush-hush. Lisa , I like your smiley face.

Did you all see Ol Grey Mare's interview? It's really great! https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/264663/ol-grey-mare

Everybody should have magic chickens.

LOL - thanks - and, yes, everyone should have magic chickens. I think that is one of the biggest regrets I have about my adult life is that it has me so far removed from my family that my own kids have been robbed of having the sort of relationship I did with my grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc.....my kids didn't get to have anyone who gave them magic chickens.

What is the medication your allergic dog takes? The vets here don't seen to think that dogs get hay fever. Wondering what the treatment is.

I'll look at the bottles from the last go round when I get home tonight - I know two are antibiotics because when she flares, she licks/chews and opens her self up for infection in the skin, one is an antihistimine, one is a steroid and I am sitting here racking my brain trying to remember what class the other would be.

Thanks for the dog info. Belle seems to have stopped chewing, for now anyway. I think the Benadryl is helping. The sores are dry and healing. (Love Bactine!) I'd appreciate knowing the 3rd med so I can be informed when I call the vet.

We had a smallish California King snake outside the garage yesterday, and Belle was torn between running for cover and trying to get the scary beast. I had to put her in the garage to encourage the snake to go elsewhere. Snakey had other ideas and we'll see if it's still around today. They are good to have, they even eat rattle snakes! Never have seen a rattler on our property, although they are in the neighborhood. This is the 2nd king snake I've seen, so maybe they are protecting us!

Wishing, I've got a golden retriever with spring/summer skin allergies. The vet gives her a shot of steroids when it flares up, and within a couple of days she's fine. However, I've read that adding coconut oil to their daily food will not only help get rid of allergies, but it's great for their skin and coats. I'm going to try it.

Wishing, I've got a golden retriever with spring/summer skin allergies. The vet gives her a shot of steroids when it flares up, and within a couple of days she's fine. However, I've read that adding coconut oil to their daily food will not only help get rid of allergies, but it's great for their skin and coats. I'm going to try it.
Let me know how that works - always interested in new ideas to give the pupster some relief (and make fewer trips to the vet, lol)

Flo is awesome !!   so funny . she is still giving me the stink eye but not running away so fast.  She is getting used to seeing me around.  She dont seem messy ? I dont know what kind of messy everyone talks about but so far she is very clean.

thats great about the veining ! its very early so some may not show yet. I didnt know there was a law about baby birds. just never thought about it i guess. I  didnt know ol mare did an interview. she sure keeps things hush-hush. Lisa , I like your smiley face.
I didn't realize that ol mare did a interview either. I clicked on the link but didn't find it or I'm looking in the wrong spot. I spent a good long time reading her posts, very informative person, a library of knowledge
1f60a.png
Great job ol mare!

Last edited:
Thanks for the dog info.  Belle seems to have stopped chewing, for now anyway.  I think the Benadryl is helping.  The sores are dry and healing. (Love Bactine!)  I'd appreciate knowing the 3rd med so I can be informed when I call the vet. 

We had a smallish California King snake outside the garage yesterday, and Belle was torn between running for cover and trying to get the scary beast.  I had to put her in the garage to encourage the snake to go elsewhere.  Snakey had other ideas and we'll see if it's still around today.  They are good to have, they even eat rattle snakes!  Never have seen a rattler on our property, although they are in the neighborhood.  This is the 2nd king snake I've seen, so maybe they are protecting us! 
ooh your a brave woman, I hate snakes ~ good, bad or otherwise.

We had a smallish California King snake outside the garage yesterday, and Belle was torn between running for cover and trying to get the scary beast. I had to put her in the garage to encourage the snake to go elsewhere. Snakey had other ideas and we'll see if it's still around today. They are good to have, they even eat rattle snakes! Never have seen a rattler on our property, although they are in the neighborhood. This is the 2nd king snake I've seen, so maybe they are protecting us!

Good on ya' for letting the snakey live to hiss another day - too many people (my DH included
he.gif
) get so wrapped up in "eek, a snake" that they forget that most of them are a good thing to have around your place and do a great service as part of the food chain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom