grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :woot woot ~ granny went and done it again ~ in a REALLY big way! [​IMG] You are going to run out of things to outdo yourself with pretty soon lol.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Congrats on the statue granny! Sorry about the garage, lady. Good thing you caught it in time!

My broody got off her nest yesterday, and I wasn't home to put her back. I also didn't collect eggs. Today she's on a different nest. Do I have to throw away all the eggs from both boxes now? Or just put her back in her own nest? She's leaving next Wednesday, a full week shy of hatching, so I wasn't really expecting those eggs.

Anyway, I guess I'll try putting her back.

1 person likes this.
  3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] I would of been right under that bush with the dog ! how scary and brave . outdo myself hmm... I will come up with something hahaa as far as laying the statue down , I could but it has a base on it that would stick up. it would probably hold (im guessing) 15 gallons of water. right now i have it standing towards the top of the road. since the hands are cupped i was thinking of a world globe in them maybe? flowers behind the hands ? not sure , just kicking some ideas around. Sat baby in there yesterday. soo cute ! Friend bought me a rooster flower pot with an orange lily in it yesterday. mothers day gift. she had my son give it to me. It is very hot here today. gonna hide out

1 person likes this.
  4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    camping, put her back and get rid of the new eggs. they should be fine if delayed in the hatch for a day maybe.

5. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I agree with granny, especially if its been warm where you are located Camping.

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Let my broody hen off the nest for the last time until hatch. She is on day 19 at 6 pm. She has been so focused that I removed her from the nest once a day to eat, drink, dust bath & poop. She stays out about 20 mins then back to the nest she goes. I'm suppecting she is going to be a awesome momma [​IMG][​IMG]

7. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California

oh my goodness!!!!! That is terrifying!!! I am so so glad that all humans and animals are safe and that it didn't take the whole garage, but so sorry you had to go through that. Thank god you were outside when it happened!!! Big big hugs to to you!

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I knew there was a reason i liked you ! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    x2

10. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    well it's been a week with the new chicks and haven't lost one yet knock on wood (thumping head)[​IMG][​IMG]

I see BYC hasn't really fixed my issuses!!![​IMG]

Congrats on stopping the fire in time!!!! Was this garage attached to the house?? if so you may end up with smoke damage in your house/attic.

Granny--- I have heard of having a cement pond but never a cement beggar man maybe a case of blonde hillybilly [​IMG] Try putting some pencils in a can by it and then a sign saying all contributions welcome. Who knows you might make a few bucks.

TTFN all the BYC irritation with the typing I can take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by