grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    My tomato plant mysteriously died. I was very sad.

Now I need to figure out when to harvest my watermelons... They're getting big!

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

That is what my tomato plant did......made one nice tomato and then it just died. Mike said I cussed the blue jays that I scared the tomato plant to death.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  3. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

3-mo roo. I guess he's an OE? The lady said her OEs were amerecauna over welsummer. This guy has basically zero amerecauna/EE traits.

4. enola

My

My first guess would not be EE, he does not look at all like I would expect a Welsummer cross to look.

On the other hand, I have seen hens that I thought would never lay a colored egg, lay green eggs.

He 'should' have a pea/walnut shaped comb, and colored legs (not yellow) and his feather color pattern just doesn't look much like an EE.

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

This is the picture the lady sent me of her stock. I think that's her only rooster. None of my babies look much like their parents, I guess. Except I do have one baby roo with a giant black beard.

6. enola

He certainly looks like an EE. He is very pretty! Did you get some pullets from her?

7. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    No, just hatching eggs. A dozen EE and a dozen OE. The OE eggs were very light, so maybe first generation?

8. enola

OE is Olive egger?

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Yes, sorry. She made her olive eggers by crossing the amerecauna roo with welsummer hens.

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am starting to panic wondering what to do with all these guys. I have heard the ban will be lifted in Sept. and a new rule for all poultry is record keeping for 3 yrs. I have just noticed saddle feathers starting on my EE. another baby today. I lost count. The crippled one is still hanging on .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by