grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ohh its so good to hear from you all. I dont care if you have nothing to say !!! Do i ever ? hahaaa

2. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Enola, what is crusty ? their skin from sweat ? Im crusty too but its because i need a shower. [​IMG]

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Camping, what would it take to get some seed from your marigold for next year ? did you buy them as annuals or someone gave you seed ? In the shade they will grow taller but not 4 ft. Danna, I think i will wait a couple days on the chick and see what happens. it wont stand on its good leg without support.

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Yes, Granny, she has crusty salt all over her.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wow, salt blocks right ? I wish i knew about horses or could be around one for a while. I have the space now but its too late for me . to be able to ride again .... Well, I would be a regular Lady Godiva ! [​IMG]

6. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    thats pitiful so sorry..hubby probably won't sleep in same bed with me tonite..i read castrol oil is good for your hair so i have it all over my head with a shower cap over it..smells bad..

7. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    it's storming again here.. been doing that everyday for a month sure don't have to worry about watering the plants..

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Yes, she has a salt block. In this hot weather horses have to have salt available, it keeps their electrolytes in balance. And a continuous suply of clean water.

I just had to bandage Mike's finger, he cut it making a mater sandwich. After he finished the sandwich he announced the tomato wasn't worth cutting his finger for.......

9. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    The marigold was from a "wildflower mix" bag of seed I got from TSC. I put a ton of them in a little bed, and when all the baby plants were about 3-4 inches the chickens broke through the fence and ate EVERYTHING. Except this one single flower. It's a survivor! :lau

I guess to get seeds I'll have to wait for the bloom to dry, right? Like not cut it, just let it wither and shrivel.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Poor Mike.[​IMG] I havent gotten a tomato yet that was good. we should at least have KY. tomatoes by now. the rain i guess. I havent collected eggs for 3 days now because i will sink. I cant mow either [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by