grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i knew you were teasing granny .. i have said the same thing many of times.20 years is a long time too..

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] I hate leg problems in newborns ! one of the babies is not standing its scooting . I cant tell what it is ever. spraddle , slipped hock ? I have NEVER had any luck fixing legs and feet. its on its 2nd day of life. sleeping a lot not searching out food or water. I have made it drink a couple of times but i dont hold hope for it. Its a blue of course. the other blue i had was killed by mama. maybe they know its not right ?

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning, No new babies this morn. [​IMG] the one that isnt walking, If i make it stand, its on one leg with the other pulled up close to its body. I can straighten it out but seems painful.

4. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    mornin granny...make a splint for it with tape and maybe something like a toothpick..

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

All those baby roosters!

[​IMG]

The world's tallest marigold? I'm 5'7" and the tallest bud is right at my ribs.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    should i straighten it out then splint it ? it wont be able to lay down right ? camping. pretty chicks and my mom used to talk about marigolds getting that big when she was a girl and how you couldnt find them any more. Hope you save the seed.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    The thread has been very quiet for a bit. I cant stand the silence. If i didnt want to hear from any one i would contact my family. My dr. contacted me today with a diagnoses. new meds starting tonight. A friend told me tonight , If there is a strange illness out there you will be the one to catch it. Told her i was greedy like that. I dont want no one else having something i aint got. dr. said it was caused by sugar, compromised immune system and old age. [​IMG] I said well, 2 out of 3 aint bad ! Candida Galbrata I read something about boric acid suppository's and that was enough to cure me ! woman are cursed. never hear of men going through all this crap. Just once i would like to see my DH wear a wad of paper around all day and a double barrel sling shot with elastic around his hip. I need something to do it seems. hahaa still not sure about the chick. I dont want to cull it. its only 2 days old. funny because i dont want it either. seen where someone is selling their seramas for 5 bucks. It would be nice if i could find something like a special needs place to donate them. Theres nothing like that around here.

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Sorry for not talking, granny. Not much to say here. I shared all the interesting stuff I have.

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Well things have been in a bind here...... The 100* days day after day are taking their toll. The horse has sweated so much she felt crusty this morning. For fun today I wormed the dogs. Kinda slow here too!

10. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i hope that helps you granny ...I really don't know about the little chick ..if it seems in pain to straighten its leg i probably wouldnt try it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by