grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i use alot of de earth too its great stuff but can't find it in the stores here i have to order online can be expensive..i use it where i keep their food too it's great to keep ants,slugs and flies away..

2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    They don't have it here either. I bought a 25 lb bag of food grade on the puter. A little goes a long way.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

That is a lot of prisons!! We have quite a few in Yorkshire here. Some of them are open prisons too so they let the prisoners out during the day supposed to get them ready for full release. They then absconde and you see on the news they are murderers and the like and should not be approached. Well why get them ready for release? Justice system here is a strange one to say the least. Only a couple of weeks ago the police helicopter was hovering above our village looking for a run away.

It's not too bad here for getting the DE we have a feed store that does most things for poultry and horses too that's a real bonus for me, chicken and horse stuff together. My dream shop :love

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Hi guys, I am wore out. shopping is done. chickens are fed. Sorry you havent found the duck. I really like my Flo. She is getting used to me and is a trip. I was filling the pool and she jumped in and started going in circles. when she would pass me she would take her wing and smack it down splashing me. then she would quack like a laugh and go on.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Take it easy granny if your wore out. Shopping :sick Flo sounds like a little monkey splashing you there. I would like some ducks but they just seem so messy all the time.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    My DD has ducks & gave me eggs to try. I love them for baking & I want to make lemon meringue pie next. If I'm going to eat just an egg I want chicken & the quail eggs are for pickling.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    every one warned me about the mess a duck makes but i truly havent seen it. Probably because i only have the one. She laid good when i first got her for a couple weeks and i havent seen anything since then. Kids just left. They all enjoyed their first day of school. mama enjoyed the quiet. All that food and we had bologna sandwich.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    the picture of the parrot, Its in the back room so it dont show up real well but you can see it if you click on the picture. It is done with chalk.

9. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Well I came home from a grocery shop and had watermelon for lunch lol.

Haven't caught Sam sneezing since this am...good sign!!

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    You ate watermelon ? Oh no ! poor watermelon. She had so much to look forward to. what will become of her rabbits ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by