grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi granny sorry to hear that your son is sick. Will he get into a cool bath? If not see if he will hold ice packs under his armpits or in his groin area. Those are to two places that cool a high fever fastest. My youngest daughter would spike a fever to 105* in 5 mins if she had a illness with fever. Then she would go into convulsions. I'm thinking with his crohnes he probably isn't able to take motrin. If he is able to take it, dose him with that and if in 2 hours his temp is still over 103*, give him 2 Tylenol. This was doctor recommended, have had to do on many occassions with my daughter & granddaughter. If he won't do the ice packs, keep rinsing his T-shirt in cold water. With him being that warm the shirt will be warm in a couple minutes tops. Poor guy, hope he feels better soon!

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Yay glad hubby got the fox!

3. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Hello everyone! I need to catch up, but i can say that the talk thing went great. The number one comment was 'I had a rabbit, but it died."
    I was covered in fur and rabbit pee. [​IMG]

I also decided to go to llama practice for fair in a month. My llama ate too fast and choked. He fixed himself and spit it up on me.[​IMG] that was fun.

Hope the rest of the day goes well for everyone! I will check in later!

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] Life saver. hahaa I just got home from cvs and good thing i did get dressed because i did get out. to buy MOTRIN ! pharmacist said tylenol better for fever and last longer . I know thats not right so i was coming on to ask if anyone remembered how to dose with them both. And you not only have already told me but then reminded me as well motrin is not supposed to be good for crohns. [​IMG] The bottle says compared to advil. Now what ? he is 103.4 with tylenol. complaint is severe headache and drooling ?? weird but seems as if i have heard that before. I also picked up amox. antibiotics. He is sleeping in my bed spreading his germs. every time, no matter how old, he ends up in my room. I would like to think its me but its 20 degrees cooler in there.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    poor watermelon, [​IMG] peed on pucked on. glad you enjoyed yourself. hehee

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    When I helped that boy that wrecked I was in a nighty. see through very short and barefoot. I didnt even notice. hahaaa lifeflight, cops, ambulance , no one said a word.

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hope your son is feeling better soon granny :hugs Meds are different over here in the UK so can't help on the dosage but that is way hot for him.
    Over here we have paracetamol and ibuprofen that you can take together just has to be 2 hours apart in doses and you have to alternate them.
    Severe headache and that temp maybe doc time?

Strange how they always end up back in your bed!! Charlie the same and usually pukes in it too. Last time he had sickness bug he puked in his so got in mine while I cleaned up then puked on my bed. I wouldn't mind but had given him a bucket and he missed it :sick

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    @Yorkshire , The picture wont get big ? I dont think it is the same as we have. ours may be smaller and redder with a bushier tail.

9. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

It's because I didn't take it from the iPad. The other half got the pic on his phone then emailed me it but I can't get it any bigger. Getting an iPhone end of Aug so pics should be better. We are going out tonight too so I may take the iPad with me. This fox is just a cub, this years. The adults are bigger especially the dog foxes!!

10. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Oh Charlie has finally given me a call!! At last, feel better now I have spoken to him, is having a good time though. VERY VERY quiet here without him and it's only day 2. The dog has been a pain in the backside with him not being here. He sleeps with Charlie on his bed on a night and without him he is lost. Tip tap tapping all round the house last night!! I even left Charlie bedroom door open and he was not satisfied even with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by