grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ol mare, my mind has been dumbed down by kids, where is NW ?
hide.gif
and did u see my post about lily ?

Alisan, are you trying to find out about the feathers?  I'm no expert, but I think she is frizzle that has silkie feathers.  I heard someone talking about about this combo, called a sizzle, but I never saw one.  She's cute.
[/quote
She's not a mix. Both her parents are bantam Cochin frizzles? Someone in past had mentioned something about offspring that receive frizzle gene from both parents having funky feathers? So should I NOT breed frizzle to frizzle??

2 frizzle genes makes a frazzle . weak easily broken feathers. as its not a death sentence or anything. they just walk around half bald and cant stand the cold like the others.

Quote:

No you should not. From what I understand, you get bald or partially bald chickens or brittle feathers.

I can't remember the specifics. I thought there was a lethal gene involved a frizzle to frizzle cross. CRS strikes again!
The silkie genes eliminate the tiny "hooks" that create the webbing of a regular feather and it makes it look more like fur. That's what I thought your chick's feathers looked like, furry (silkie) and curved (frizzle).

Another thing to consider, if she hasn't had her juvenile molt, she may end up looking completely different in a few months.
I had a Serama chick with weird flippy feathers, but he molted them and was normal smooth feathered. He was split for silkie feathers, though, so I always thought that had something to do with it.

crazy split feathers on the chick

still a little rough

adult plumage was normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom