grass seed

Finn's Mom

Songster
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
near Rectortown, Virginia
We let grow whatever will grow in the major portion of the fields around our property, but in the area immediately surrounding the house the ratio of grass to weeds leans slightly in the grasses favor. I try to help it along mininimally from time to time by throwing out some grass seed or that dreadful (but magical) patchmaster and that seems to keep a reasonable balance. The yard has really taken a beating this summer (because we don't tend to it as a lawn with sprinklers and such) so I was going to do my usual fix it up in the fall. My question is -- do guineas eat grass seed? I have a dog that thinks patchmaster is yummy, so I have to water it in right away, which usually does the trick for the dogs, but what about guineas? Anyone have experience with this?

Oh, yes! Guineas will eat grass seeds! Mine love to eat them!
big_smile.png

Finn's Mom :

What if it's disguised in Patchmaster? Or will they eat that too?

Had to go look up what patchmaster was. I'd be a little concerned that they might eat the patchmaster.
I know if I used that in my yard the chickens would make short work of it, maybe not eat it, but at least scratch it up.
Don't know about Guineas. Do they scratch a lot like chickens? You could try a little and see.
I suspect that you might need to seperate areas of your yard for lawn repair.

Good luck

Imp​

Back
Top Bottom