Gray eggs

C30A758E-D9A8-4F45-BB92-CAF80FE076FA.jpeg I know this post is old but I have a mystery hen laying gray eggs. I believe she is amerucana.

betta.PNG
I really like this pic, it could be brighter though. The hen to the front is a LO, the rooster is a BCM/Blue cochin/LO, Then clock wise from the back, is a blue wyandotte, The frizzle, below the frizzle is a blue Isbar and to the far right is another blue wyandotte. I also have blue andelusians (not shown) I like grey/blue chickens. Of all the blue birds I say Isbars lay good big eggs and they are friendly. LO is the friendliest.

Up date, my avatar is at a friend's farm, her daughter died recently, I still have a 1/2 sister who is older yet, and a darker frizzle, but I don't think she is laying. My new EE is laying grayish eggs I can play with, and I just ordered olive egger eggs maybe I can play with that. I also have olive egg roo growing up.

My update... I still have an Olive egger roo. (6 months old and no crowing yet, but is a dad of 2)
wingo.PNG

I have 3 pullet hens from my avatar, they are frizzle and BCM I will have to have a splash roo to bring back the blue.
wingf.PNG

(about 1 month from laying)
And this hen just started to lay a gray egg...
wingh.PNG

She is an AC/cali/EE mix...below center is her egg.
greye.PNG

Back
Top Bottom