Grazing Frame - Fodder Table Box - Continuously Grow Fodder & Seedlings & Sprouts For Chickens

I bought this a few months ago but I think I'm going to pick up some rye, barley, and alfalfa seed as a staple to rotate regularly...

This mix contains:

• Ryegrass
  • Fescue
  • Clover
  • Mustard
  • Daikon radish
  • Buckwheat
  • Purple top turnip

20201228_222854.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, "LUSH" is an understatement!!!

:eek:

Is that the rye grass?

Can't wait to see it in the light!
Yes the close ups are the rye that was looking dead two days ago when I discovered the mats of it under the over done potting soil. It was mustard yellow from lack of sunlight but now the chlorophyll is out in full force. The deer plot mix is the first photo. It’s beautiful too and I think all that came up was the buckwheat and red clover. There’s a lot of other seeds in the mix but I think they aren’t as cold hardy and it needed to be planted two months ago or so for it all to make it. I still need to post a photo of the deer plot mix tag to see what all is in it!
A hundred chickens should keep it trimmed short.

The mix I've been using....
1607722921328.png

Is mostly growing well, but I think some of the smaller seeds aren't sprouting, and the BOSS, while growing really well, are crowding out the other stuff.

I think I'm going to have to find a source for stuff like rye, clover, etc., or just go for a "deer plot mix".

It's just hard to know:

1) Which stuff grows the best (easy and fast)
2) Lasts the longest (continual growth even as it's mowed down)
3) That the girls really like

Just wondering, where do you get this type of grain etc in the UK for chickens or that they can eat? When does it grow by? Is it like corn, that there needs to be a lot of it to thrive?
I know nothing about the UK. What’s your climate like where you are? Search the internet for sources or go to the local feed store if you have one and they should sell seed that is for your area. Research is key!

Back
Top Bottom