green legs

Chickies

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 24, 2008
Northeast Florida
Do campines come in green legs? I have two chicks that I'm pretty sure are golden campines, one has slate-blue legs but the other has green legs--like, really green. Anyone have knowledge to impart? (i do have some pics, but i've still got to upload them)

ok, here's a picture of the two together
100_3634.jpg

Yep, you ended up with a mixed bird.

Green legs is an indicator of yellow skin, campines must have white skin and someone crossed their birds with something yellow skinned.

Green legs can pop out generations down the road and is a real problem to get rid of.

thanks for the info! I don't care whether or not it's purebred, but i was just curious. i got them from meyer hatchery in the rainbow pullet pack. it's fun figuring out what i've got
smile.png

Look at the comb, if they are in a small cup shape they are Buttercups, they sure look alot like my Buttercup hens; which have green legs. I can post pics if you need me to later.

I"m pretty sure she has a single comb--but I'll look again. They did have slightly different coloring as baby chicks--the one had spots (which is what a golden campine chick looks like) and the other had the brown back with white stripes on either side--i dunno if that means anything (they're so cute
smile.png
)
112_3528.jpg

Quote:
I thought they were very similar looking-the Campines have the darker feather pattern on the wings that the buttercup does, but also have that same pattern half way down the breast and legs. the Buttercups entire breast has the gold feathers with speckles.
My buttercup also has willow colored legs but I think they should they be yellow, correct?
From the Campine pictures I've seen-those birds look like Campines and not Buttercups.

Back
Top Bottom