Basia St Clair

Songster
Apr 28, 2020
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
Hey all,

I posted another post here with background:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...except-being-lethargic.1524998/#post-25689321

Summary:
1) Lethargic 17 week old pullet since yesterday, head down, puffed up, see picture in above post. Is energetic when I approach, but otherwise either lays down with head forward or just stands there. Otherwise no issues like weight loss, runny eyes or nose, full crop, etc. Found no trauma.
2) Feed scratch and peck fermented and non fermented food. Provide Vitamins and electrolytes in water yesterday, today feed sick bird scrambled eggs and nutri drench
3) coop is 8x12, run is 100x40 for 16 chickens
4) all other birds are fine, active
5) green poop - see pictures below. I should not have read that this coudl be avian flu, newcastle or mereks because now I am very worried.
6) bedding is straw, pine shavings
7) she is not yet laying

My local vet no longer sees chickens so thinking about heading to a vet about 30 miles away.
IMG_20220506_122106386.jpg
IMG_20220506_122110097.jpg

I am hoping it was something she ate. It definitely could be. She is in a large run with areas of grass, leaves, bushes, etc.
Hopefully it was just grass... I have a goose and he eat's all of the grass ( Inlcuding the roots, we have to get new seeds every year ) which passes through and comes out as grass 😂 :wee

Back
Top Bottom