Grey blob + grey veining on outer shell, UPDATED GRAPHIC

Quote:
Oh, cos it was alive and kicking when I candled it day 18 and never saw any cracks in any of the previous candlings either.
sad.png

Hi

Your second picture is much clearer and I can now see the area clearly. I think Ki4got may be correct in suggesting it may be an area of internal bleeding that is seeping outwards.

It appears as though the chick has attempted pipping and rutured a vessel (not uncommon). However in this case there is been a small heamorrhage inside the shell. I say small as we cannot see the extent within the egg.

I would as a priority investigate further by listening for breathing (the faint rythmic clicking noise) and if absent open the egg very slowly from the air cell end to investigate further. It may yet be viable but I'm assuming not as its been a little while since you think you heard breathing to confirm internal pipping.

I'm sure the other members are trying very hard to pin a diagnosis to help you but it's often very hard when you cannot see or examine the egg.

Wishing you good luck but do let us all know how you get on.

Pete
wink.png

Thank you, I'll check it and maybe open it this evening. I'll let you know how I get on. Oh I soooo hope there is hope, its the last egg from this batch, the others that were fertile all quit around day 10 and I so very much want this chick.
sad.png
fl.gif

I'm going to leave it tonight I think and open it tomorrow. There are now two cracks in the shell, although they are just cracks that join rather than looking like a pip, I can't decide whether I can hear something or not, my house is just too noisy! Every time I think I hear something, something else starts making a racket!
barnie.gif

I can't tell by candling if its alive or not so if there is no hatch by tomorrow, I'll be opening it.
rant.gif

Sorry that's a bad egg.. Somebody else said embryo death and bacterial infection. That's what it is. Discard and spray your bator with a weak bleach mixture. If you open it don't touch anything till you wash Also it may pop on you. That stinks!!

Back
Top Bottom