Grocery store eggs series 2021

Pics
Here is a sampling of the day 11 candling of the duck eggs. All look just about like th.
View attachment 2491454
View attachment 2491458They’re actively moving and well veined.

I decided to try the misting/reatingmethod for the first time. It’s a little intimidating so I went for just the very lightest spritz.

17 more days to go! This is going to be agonizing.
When I did mine I just ran them under the faucet for a second or two. Then set them on the counter till I remembered to put them back in the incubator. :lau I'm not advocating that. Just pointing out you're much more attentive than I was. Can't wait to see what hatches for you.

Cool experiment and the middle of winter to boot.
Well.., our “winter” isn’t much around here — low temps around 50F and frost is a newsworthy event. :lol: Housing the klings may be tricky for a couple of weeks; they’ll end up in the living room until I can’t stand it, then garage. With the timing I’m thinking either fresh duck eggs or roast duck by the end of summer. :D

When I did mine I just ran them under the faucet for a second or two. Then set them on the counter till I remembered to put them back in the incubator. :lau I'm not advocating that. Just pointing out you're much more attentive than I was. Can't wait to see what hatches for you.
Wait, how good was the hatch that way? Maybe you’re on to something. I only left mine out for five-ish minutes.

Wait, how good was the hatch that way? Maybe you’re on to something. I only left mine out for five-ish minutes.
100% hatch rate! That's not counting yolkers but 7 eggs developed and 7 ducklings hatched. Honestly I was counting on a few not making it or I wouldn't let my kids set so many eggs. We still have 1 male and 1 female. They are khaki campbell crosses.

How’s it going @Xouie? :fl
Still four lively embryos. Nobirdy lagging developmentally, so I’m daring to hope just a little bit — even starting to speculate on breed. They’re too well developed to be muscovies (darn!), so they’re some sort of standard. Pekins are my guess, since roast duck is also an extremely popular item at the deli there. Just 9 more days and we’ll see!

Back
Top Bottom