Grossest thing I've seen the chickens eat yet

* Think I need some Pepto now. . . . Blech! Yucky Pucky! :|
sickbyc.gif

Ummm... (urp:sick). I just ate lunch (chicken pot pie from scratch, thankyaveramuch)... And I thought 3wk olds fighting over a cockroach was disgusting! Hopefully pickled flies are nutritionally complete.. protein, carbs, vinegar for gut.. EWW!

Ummm...the nastiest....probably a Jerusalem cricket they fought over & "popped" it's butt and caramel stuff came out. I've never viewed caramel the same way again!
sickbyc.gif

Oh...here's a picture of one.
sickbyc.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Mahogany_Jerusalem_cricket.jpg

Although this spring, they managed to get a sparrow (I'm thinking it flew into the coop & then out into the run??? Anyway, it landed & one of my ducks grabbed it & ran. Then all of the others started grabbing at it & ripped it apart. It was pretty distrubing.

We recently moved to the country and my toddler is finding "watering the grass". One time, he asked "me poop OUTSIDE?" and laughing, I said I'd clean it up. Well, the flies smelled it and came immediately, which attracted the scovies, whose aim isn't so good... so they were eating flies and toddler poop. Wanna trade?

Ok, my gross. Yesterday I found a hole and flooded it with water. Out bubbled six baby rats the size of my thumb. I tossed them to the girls, and had so much fun watching them running around with these dangling things, every minute, a change in direction and new owner of the gourmet meal. LOL. It's hysterical.

Grossest thing I saw mine eat was one of their flock mates. Of course I stopped them and took away her dead body. Sad and nasty. Cannibalism just is plain gross.

Back
Top Bottom