Grossest thing I've seen the chickens eat yet

Okay - I came on here to find out if my chickens were going to be okay after raiding the outside trash can and grabbing a chicken bone from last night's dinner.

I'm feeling like they will be okay after reading that other people's chickens have eaten hot dogs, etc. Plus, I know some give their chickens cat food occasionally.

It was just pretty gross watching them all excitedly pick clean the leg of another chicken (cooked and unrecognizeable to them, of course!).

thanks!

For me, the Grossest thing I have watched them eat was our giant tomato bugs. First they peck them until they deflate a bit, then gulp them down in three tries. Really gross because some of these tomato bugs were 'round 3 inches long and FAT.

Mine go absolutely crazy for grasshoppers! The poor bird who catches the hopper has to run zigzags away from the others trying to keep it. Funny to watch!

When we process the meat birds the laying flock gathers 'round to grab up the tasty chicken organs we toss to them. I won't give them intestines, but will offer them everything else. Heart, lungs, kidneys, gizzard, liver, even testicles, it all seems to be quite the treat, and I'm just glad to have that much less go to waste.

I think my dogs would be upset if I gave the organs to the chickens. The love those little treats. Of course they are on a raw food diet, so they are used to raw meat and organs. They love the stuff.

Oliver my buff orpington rooster just ate a 12 inch snake. He got it tail first and it was still squirming. He had to eat it on the run because all 6 hens were chasing after him.

Mine got ahold of a mouse they found in their feed bin over the weekend, we had a bit of rain and I guesst the little guy went into the bin to stay dry. He was better off stuck out in the rain.

My broody smothered two chicks after hatching and another died halfway out of the shell, so I buried them in the compost pile. Needless to say, the other hens dug them up and ate them...ughh...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom