Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Mine might not have been delivered as the mail man had passed up the house so I walked to him and asked if there was a package.

He said, "No", so I said, "Well the tracking number online said it was out for delivery, Do I need to call the Post Office?"

To which he replied, "Did it say fragile, live embryos on it?" and I said yes, to which he sheepishly said, Oh, it wouldn't fit in my carrier bag. When I get to the end of the street to my vehicle, I'll be right down with it.

I imagine it would have gone back to the PO because he didn't see any cars at the house (one is in the shop) and I think he didn't think he'd have anyone home to sign for it. Glad I was out there waiting for him!

Added two more eggs so I have 36 in there now. 28 + 8 stacked = 36

I'm guessing I'll get about 16 chicks.

I'm just looking for a few nice purebred hens and one spectacular splash wheaten or blue wheaten roo.

The blue wheaton roos are beautiful. When I'm ready to get more chickens again someday, I want to get bantam blue wheaton ameraucana's.

I'm in or could go through withdrawal...Tomorrow I will put in some more mixes...Egger and Phoenix roo, BR and Phoenix roo, and my feather footed roo got moved into that pen and he has been "active." The chicks that hatched over the weekend from EE's have muffs and beards with a reddish tint, I got one totally black out of the BR mix, and 1 black with a giant white spot on it's head, looks really flippin roo'ey :) Need more layers as sold almost out of eggs today :)

Does anyone know what purpose a wafer in a hovbator plays? Mine is all... green-ish-grayish-ickyish and I think I may need a new one. The temperature spikes from 97(closest I ever got it) to over 150! I've been trying to fix it for four days now...

I'm going to put my 2 dozen eggs in my home made incubator tomorrow after 3:00 eastern time. Would they hatch on time, or should I put them in earlier? :/

It's mainly a test hatch to see if my roosters are A) stupid B) throw back chicks that look like them or the hens C) are even breeding and D) whethr or not my test on sex-linking will work around. I think D should be fine, coz my RIR roo has been around the block a time or two. With like 20 hens I have him with. Only like 7 are laying tho.

Guess m IN too !

Heritage Leghorns and White Jersey Giants, will set them this afternoon........................
pop.gif

OMG Mahonri!

I think they train them to do that.

Today truck pulls up and she's putting mail in the box.

Me: No box today?

Her: No nothing today

Me: hmm

Her: Oh was it just ONE box?

Me: yes

Her: Oh ok, I have one box.

Me: I hope this one isn't damaged

Her: Oh it's leaking a little bit.

Me................

Her: What's in there that leaks

Me: Hatching eggs (while thinkning I told her I was waiting on some boxes of eggs and she's already delivered 4 in the passed just over a week

Her: Oh cute..........(pointing out the corner of the box which was on end!)

Me: Yeah, when they are able to hatch

I only had 2 broke this time. Last one I had 9 out of 23 broken!

I have them setting until I get a few minutes to turn off the turner and set them. I'm nervous about doing that since I think that's how my bator got unplugged for the NYD hatch.

So I have 16 FBCM eggs going in later.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom