Ground Hog's Day Hatch

OK I'm finally pooped enough to sleep.

I set 18 Bev Davis FBCMs and The first 4 eggs of the season. Only one laying, so 4 Olive Eggs in the bator.

Here we go again. Will Kim get a couple to hatch this time?

I'm in!!! Set 18 BW/W Am eggs from RaynDebi and 12 Splash/MFC eggs from fattie on Thursday!!!! Let the fun begin!!!
love.gif

I'm in. 12 White Orps set on 1-11-12. We aquired some new hatching equipment this past week, so I just have to test it right? Got a used GFQ 1550 hatcher and a nice used Dickey Incubator. Just got tired of the Homeade Omaha Steak Bator. It let me down on my last hatch, big time. I had the DH install a water heater thermostat on it and a day later find a craigslist post for my new set up. I have 6 Emu eggs in the hatcher, due early March. Also waiting on a dozen EO eggs that I will set for a staggered hatch since I now have TONS of incubator space.
celebrate.gif

Set my eggs at 1800 yesterday afternoon.

30 Rhode Island Reds purebreeds. So far so good. Digital thermometer says overnite max 100.4, minimum 99.4.

Might have to do an emergency chicken coop build today. The two new Rhode Island Red roosters I bought are taking a defined dislike to the chicken tractor and each other. Observing from afar, when left alone the co-exist, but if I walk up to the tractor to take a peak, they go at each other. Barrack jumps on Obama, or Obama jumps on Barrack, quite a few feathers laying around out there now.

Ok, I got my eggs yesterday and put them in this morning. There's 2 african goose eggs (on day 8), 3 roman tufted goose eggs(on day 4 I think), 24 call duck eggs, 11 quail eggs(due sometime in the next day, then some next week), and a quail chick that popped out while I was loading the incubator with the calls this morning. I am going to set more quail eggs the 16th, that way something will hatch on groundhog's day hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom