Ground Hog's Day Hatch

My four silkie bantam eggs are due groundhog day too!!!
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif

NotaFarm: thanx for posting the pictures of my future bantams! =D

Kellyn: Awesome incubator!!

Kefiren: I've got my 21 chicks in a baby swimming pool using poster board to extend the sides so the little buggers don't fly out. They are two weeks old. I think I have two more weeks before I need better accommodations for them. They've been asking for more floor space and a better view.

thanks blarneyeggs and notafarm. lots of food for thought. I have, not a kiddie pool, but an old empty empty koi pond...but it is kinda huge. I've got a little ride-on mower trailer, and I've thought about using that in the garage. I'm going to look around and see what else I've got.

I... think I may have cooked my eggs... has anyone looked at my pictures and seen my thermomete/hygrometer in btwn my eggs? It's read up to 102 and my thermometers, all 3 of them haveread 104. I'm wondering whther my electric thermometer reads air temperature, solid temprature, or is always off by two degrees. It's questionable, since I've heard of the electric thermometers beng off... I initially thought it was the white thermometer co it's a junker, but then I got two brand new thermometers and they all 3 read thesame temperatures. Today is day 3 for my eggs, so Friday I'll candle them. I attempted yesterday and thought I saw some devlopments but was unsure. I'm rather woried bc I'm at school and the tempetatures are about 75 and my incubator stays constand at 65. B4 I left at 6 thi morning the lows were 93 and I pulled a piece of tape off a ventilation hole.

I prefer to have it a bit cold rather than hot. And when I get home today I'm going to fill 3 or 4 freezer bags with water(hot) and see the results...

I... think I may have cooked my eggs... has anyone looked at my pictures and seen my thermomete/hygrometer in btwn my eggs? It's read up to 102 and my thermometers, all 3 of them haveread 104. I'm wondering whther my electric thermometer reads air temperature, solid temprature, or is always off by two degrees. It's questionable, since I've heard of the electric thermometers beng off... I initially thought it was the white thermometer co it's a junker, but then I got two brand new thermometers and they all 3 read thesame temperatures. Today is day 3 for my eggs, so Friday I'll candle them. I attempted yesterday and thought I saw some devlopments but was unsure. I'm rather woried bc I'm at school and the tempetatures are about 75 and my incubator stays constand at 65. B4 I left at 6 thi morning the lows were 93 and I pulled a piece of tape off a ventilation hole.
I prefer to have it a bit cold rather than hot. And when I get home today I'm going to fill 3 or 4 freezer bags with water(hot) and see the results...

My digital thermometer/hygrometer always reads 2 degrees lower than my analog ones. I went and bought a couple of the cheap 2 dollar aquarium thermometers from walmart when I suspected it wasn't right, and sure enough they both say 100 and the digital one has been saying 98.

kellyn, I have 3 thermoms in mine: one digital has been reading 101, another digital at 98.6 ish and a mercury one that always always is dead-on 100. I did the hygrometer salt test and found out that by digital hygrometer is off by 6%. I'm so surprised at the crappiness of modern technology. Or maybe I'm not.

Anyways, I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Back
Top Bottom