Ground Hog's Day Hatch

I raised my humidity last night but don't officially lockdown until Wednesday. DS thinks some of the clear eggs have potential, so they've been granted a stay.

One of my BCM chicks from the NYD hatch is seriously ill Imaybe cocci? I got it some meds this morning, but when I got home she was on her side and I thought already gone. She moved just the teensiest bit when I pulled her out of the brooder, so I've separated her and have been forcing the medicated water on her every hour.

I lost a BCM chick this year, so sad. Mine had poop-butt. Yours is older so probably different problem. I hit the remaining ones with chicken grit, probiotics, pascalite clay, boiled egg and trips outdoors to peck at the good earth. I moved them to cooler/airier digs where they weren't so warm as well. I had the feeling like these chicks don't like heat as much as others.

Lockdown at 2 pm today, but it is in my " Iffy " bator..........

38 eggs...............
fl.gif

Hmm.. shouldn't my quail eggs be hatching? I put them in sam time as my chicken eggs on the 14th... maybe I should check them... I kinda sorta... forgot them completely... GOTA MOVE EM NOOOW~~~! I'll post if any hatch tonight... today is day 16, so perhapse tomorow they'll hatch...

After last candle it took about 3 hours for my bator to get back up to temp. I put hot distilled water in the bottom to raise the humidity right away... It also took it 3 hours to go from 82% humidity back down to 68%... (where I like to keep it for lockdown)... the Advance EX has the humidity pump so that should keep it at 68%.. Renee (Chooks chicks) runs hers at over 70% but she does alot of dark egged marans.

Wish I had a full compliment of 24 eggs in there but I'm just praying I do as well this time as last. (last time at lockdown I hatched 18 of 19)... even though I'm guessing I'll get 16, I'm hoping for TWENTY!!!

Oh... and I 'thought' I heard a peep in the bator.. no pips yet and I don't expect any until late Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom