Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Okz, well I sat 32, just candled and am to 22, I hope I get 12. 16 would make me literally jump up and down(hopefully I won't fall through the floor) and start cheering.

Gosh, this is the absolute BEST I've ever done in this incubator...! Getting this many to this point, and not ONE half-way quitter, and only a few earlies. But I'm worried, I haven't hatched and candled a lot of chicks in a while... I'm at day 16, but my embryos look rather... small. Aand, I'm getting chewed out by 13 angry, COLD 4 wk old chicks. But hey, hafta turn the light off to candle, dont I? I'll gogle some candling pictures in a bit...

My coturnix quail eggs are starting to twitch at the air cell, I had 3 half quitters(left em in anyways) but I think I will get 4. And one will die so 3. Out of 14 or so eggs I had sitting in a carton. And also, I hav a WHITE coturnix egg~ last ime I hatched one was summer 2009 and she was all brown with a bit of white on her. Still have her too~ survivor bird! And I have one of my second gen. Quail, he's like 4 if I remember right. Getting a bit old...

Oh how exciting ApronStrings! Please post up some pics of your hatch
big_smile.png

I had a dream last night that before I went to bed tonight, five chicks were out. I'm imagining it will really be tomorrow when that happens.

WOW congrats on the first chicks out. And WHITE ORPINGTONS!... I'll bet they are beautiful!

ok, i'm so worried. i know i shouldn't have, but i put all my thermometers directly on the screen at the bottom of my incubator. Well, ever since last night at 7 when I locked down they have been reading 94. now, i know that i am going to get the lowest readings of the entire incubator there, but gheesh! that is where the eggs are, right?

i know i read some where on byc that some people build up an egg carton base in the hovabator and put the eggs on top of it to hatch. should i do this????

my chicks r going to catch a cold!!!

Whoooops! I got a picture. I was a little iffy on breaking the lockdown rule, but turns out my new incubator rocks! Temp and humidity right back to perfect in less than 3 minutes. Not to shabby. The first to PIP has emerged making 2 hatched so far, on day 20, making us the early birds for Groundhogs Day. Stay tuned...

Back
Top Bottom