Ground Hog's Day Hatch

twentynine. CONGRATS!

Did I tell you that I name one of my chicks from the NYD hatch "29"... it's how many I hatched and it was the last one out...

a Blue feathered Olive egger... SWA X FBCM!

Thanks Mahonri, 29 is a nickname I have carried for over 30 years. Many people who I have worked with over the years, have no clue as to what my real name is. While at work, I am 29. NYD hatch last one out being my name sake, must be a story in there some where.

I am tettering on the possibility of joining the Easter hatch. Truth is I haven't determined what I am going to do with the batch I just hatched, keep, sell, give away?

Lockdown!
fl.gif

Quote:
Hurry Mahonri, Push twentynine over the edge......can't have any teetering going on!

Hatch something at Easter that somebody else wants, they are easier to part with that way! Ask around and see if you find some one who doesn't have an incubator and do their hatching for them or get eggs for something that is high demand and easily sold.

I hatched 4 golden coturnix quail! and my chicken (19) should start to pip by this afternoon and if I'm lucky hatch by tomorrow afternoon! there's plentyvof movement above the air bubble and two or more have started to chirp! probably angered about the 90* temperature this morning... but I'll fix that :)

It'll take a bit, but I'll post a link for a pic of my 4 quail... how many did I say I thought would hatch?

The little guy I helped is doing very well. His curled toes have straightened. He is tiny--about half the size of the others has that sticky chick look. He has trouble drinking with his curled beak, and sometimes he looses his balance. But he is smart--he waits till everyone else is under the brooder and then takes his time drinking slowly. He walks funny. I posted his pic here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/626189/chick-slightly-deformed-spraddle

Aw, Kefiren, your chick is so cute! If you get him far enough he should be juuust fine~

I looked in my 'bator a few minutes ago... AAAND I HAVE 3 PIIIIPS! 1 leghornX, 1 EE, and 1 RIR! I didn't think i'd havea pip until at least 3 o'clock.. but I'm not complaining~!

Woo Hoo Kellyn!! And what cute chickies!!

Also, am I the only one no longer receiving updates? Very strange.

Twentynine, I too am conflicted regarding the Easter Hatch. I now have 31 chickens INSIDE my house. It ain't pretty. It's getting up to about the mid 40's during the day here, so I've been putting the larger of the 5 week olds out during the day, and that helps keep the smell down a bit and helps entertain them, but in itself is quite an undertaking. Oh, what to do... Just how nice would a barn be??

Back
Top Bottom