grounded corn

Ah OK. Your English is good.

2 match heads would be ok. If you could get some smaller as he is a bit s,all that would be ideal. He can choose what he needs. As royal chick says next time you are out and about just pick up gravel/dirt from anywhere. Put it in your pocket, give it a wash and let him have it.

You only need to soak enough food that he will eat in one day. It only takes a few minutes to soak it. So it's no trouble to do it each day. You could even mix the wheat and corn into it to encourage him to eat it.

If you have a pair of pliers and little bit too large grit, you can easily make it smaller without smashing tiles inside the house by crushing it.
thank you yours is too

the pliers method sounds like itd work actually and much less effort than the hammer method, how much would i need to make?

would enough food be like 100ml of pellets or so?

How much grit? 100ml or so of grit would be enough for him to pick out the perfect bits he wants for weeks or months. Just leave it there permanently for him to use.

You could start with 100ml of soaked pellets and see how he goes. If he eats it all quickly, then make a bit more. If he doesn't, then a bit less.

An old broken tile and a pair of pliers you can make grit. Try to avoid making really razor sharp bits if possible.

How much grit? 100ml or so of grit would be enough for him to pick out the perfect bits he wants for weeks or months. Just leave it there permanently for him to use.

You could start with 100ml of soaked pellets and see how he goes. If he eats it all quickly, then make a bit more. If he doesn't, then a bit less.
alright thank you ill go look for rocks :3

An old broken tile and a pair of pliers you can make grit. Try to avoid making really razor sharp bits if possible.
Found rocks

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_154337.jpg
    IMG_20230709_154337.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 1
Good idea with the pliers and tiles.

Chickens need about 2 grams of grit each week. It depends on how hard the food is and how hard the grit is so it could be quite a lot different than that much - either more or less.

They will not eat more than they need.

You can expect him to eat more at first because he has had none. Later, he will eat a little at a time to replace the pieces that are worn too small.

i live in whats practically if not literally just a desert theres no soil just dust and they dont have access to the outside no thatd be brutal its like 40 celsius
I figured you might be in desert.
Some deserts are truly uniform fine sand. I think in Iraq you may have some of that near Saudi. But many deserts have coarser sand with smal pieces of gravel. If you have that it will be good for the chickens.
And the reason I said by the side of a road - they use small stones to stabilize the base when they build a road so often on the edge of the road is a good place to find small rocks.
Another weird source would be anyone who is cutting slabs of stone for home building, kitchens etc. There will be lots of pieces on the floor of a stone yard if you have one nearby.
Good luck!

Chickens find their own grit from everything they eat off the ground. Even sand can be grit I wouldnt worry to much about grit.

Back
Top Bottom