Guess The Second Breed My Dog Is Mixed With

Quote:
That was my first guess. They're much more common (around here, anyway). I'm also going be head shape. Heelers have pretty wide mouths as well (all the better to bite cow heels!)

Am I the only one who sees a little shar pei in the mix? I def see the gsd, but I see a little shar pei there too. She's pretty!

That is what I was wondering, which I why I asked about the tongue, tail and feet. Several years ago I raised and showed shar-pei and did rescue for many years. I could usually pick out a mix but that muzzle and the feet, they have distinctive feet, but I would need a closeup.

Not necessarily, not the rescues I have gotten in. That trait isn't as dominant as some of the other traits, like the feet, which seems to be quite dominant, the muzzle shape, fairly dominant, etc.

If you can tell me what the feet in a shar pei look like then I will go examine Kieba's feet. SHe might think that I am strange though.
tongue.png

Hmmm, it would be hard to describe. It is more something you need to see and since my last shar-pei recently passed away of old age, I don't have one I can take a close up of their feet for you. Rats! They have usually have tight little cat feet, with big nasty toenails. Another thing I remember, shar-pei often have, besides loose skin, they have thin skin, it rips easily, like in a fight, or if they squeeze through a tight spot and catch it on a nail or wire or something, some will split easily. Not sure if this would pass on, but I have seen it over the years with many of mine. Chow Chow could be another influence, similar muzzle but upright ears and the longer coat, some are quite long like the rough coat and than their is the smooth coat, which is still thick, but not near is heavy and long.

Back
Top Bottom