GUESS WHAT I FOUND IN ATTIC?! JACKPOT! **PICS**

HennysMom

Keeper of the Tiara
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Somewhere Over the Rainbow, VA
ya.gif
How about an entire TRUNK full of antique fabric for quilting?!!

OMG!!
wee.gif
There must be about 20 lbs of fabric if not more - it fills up a 13 gallon trash bag and the best thing is ITS ALL BRAND NEW LOOKING! There is some Waverly fabric from the 20's - 30's era and most of the fabric is from that timeframe thru the 50's, some may be even earlier. There are even upholstery type pieces in there! Given the house was built in 1861 - some of the fabrics are just amazing.

So far, my favs are a Raggedy Ann fabric and this other woven fabric that has what looks like a cross between a bird and a monkey on it.

I'll post pics when I can
smile.png
I'll probably sell most of it, but WOW - what a find! DH and I were cleaning the attic out and waaayyyyy in the back where we hadnt been yet - there was the trunk!

Anyone know what antique and vintage fabric sells for?
hu.gif

YIPPEE!

Last edited:
Quote:
A little of both - I felt a little light headed LOL!

Someone quilted with them - some are cut into strips, some are full panels, others are pieces but none are smaller than a 9X9 block or a 6 inch wide strip that measures about 18-22 inches long - and most are much bigger.

There are even some hawiian looking fabrics - those are gorgeous with all the flowers and what not! Paisleys, flowers, ginghams, silks, satins, chintz, cotton, velvets,... the list goes on and on!

This fabric (like the ginham) is like twice the thickness of today's standards - no wonder the quilts lasted so long!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
SCORE!!!! I too, would love to see pictures of them! I love the Civil War Reproductions and the reproductions of the flour and grain sack patterns
How exciting!!! Does it smell funky?

Back
Top Bottom