guineas and chickens

me2

Hatching
Oct 1, 2017
i have a 4 yr old male guinea that has lost all his mates. I have 3 peri-menopausal chickens ages 3 & 5 yrs old. Can I move the chickens to the guinea pen so he will have some companions? All free range during the day but have never co-mingled. All are penned at night. I am hoping to bring the 3 chickens to him & keep them all penned together for a few days to get to know each other. The chickens are very friendly. The guinea is aloof to humans. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

i have a 4 yr old male guinea that has lost all his mates. I have 3 peri-menopausal chickens ages 3 & 5 yrs old. Can I move the chickens to the guinea pen so he will have some companions? All free range during the day but have never co-mingled. All are penned at night. I am hoping to bring the 3 chickens to him & keep them all penned together for a few days to get to know each other. The chickens are very friendly. The guinea is aloof to humans. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Not sure if that would work or not, might depend on if the male would try to mate the chickens....BUT.....Welcome to BYC!

Might look at these threads in this search:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/se...d+chickens&t=post&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1

so this morning my guinea hen has returned! no idea where she has been for the last week. they have always come back to roost in their pen every night. she looks fine. doubt she is nesting as she already hatched her keets,(in early august) in the pen. strange but glad she's back :)

Back
Top Bottom