Guineas and noise

Louise's Country Closet

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Garrison, MN
Is there such a thing as a guinea that doesn't make a lot of noise? lol I know it sounds like a stupid question but I was just wondering if there were 'quieter' ones. I love love love the sound they make but I'm not entirely sure my neighbors will, but I want them SO bad
idunno.gif

Some are definitely louder than others but as a breed they're about the same. I have one female who, just lately, calls all of the time. Most of the time I don't know the others are there. Don't know if it's a 'time of the year' thing or she's just annoyed about something. Unless there's something to yell about they're usually pretty quiet.Of course their idea of something to yell about is stuff everything else would ignore.

If you are not living on fenced acreage then Guineas are not a good option for you.

Birds less than a year old are quite noisy almost non stop. Adult flocks are much more quiet. When I don't have young birds I have to look to see where my flock is on the property.

im not fenced in either but we have no neighbors, and wayyy off the road. my guineas stay around, TOO close lol i wanted them to venture off but they still right close being loud as ever. i raised mine with chickens tho so they have identity issues and think they are chickens.

I don't have neighbors right on me or anything, they do live down the road a little from us. I was just afraid that they'd be so loud they would hear it.. although I doubt they'd be any louder than my basset hound who never shuts up LOL

My husband and I raise many different breeds of birds but I would have to say my Guineas are my favorites. Ours only get loud and worked up when there's something around they aren't use to. We have 40 acres of woods on our property and when some critter ventures to close to there pen we sure hear about it. Especially hawks!!!!! They HATE when they know a hawk is around. We handled our Guineas alot from the day they were born. We can walk up to them and pick them up so when we're around they're very quiet. I personally love the sound they make. But that's just me I guess, lol.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom