Gus the gosling looks like his gagging.. is he?

Pheonix1996

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2021
So Gus the gosling is 5 weeks old today, his grown so much it’s crazy to think he could fit in the palm of my hand only 5 weeks ago! (Even though he still likes to think he can still fit in my hand now). He has been doing this weird thing at random ever since he was born where he will open his mouth wide and exert his neck almost like he is gagging or gasping for air. He does this at complete random and originally I thought maybe he was too hot and was panting but he only ever does it once then stops and he will do it regardless on if he is inside in his warm bed or outside in the cold. It’s got me quite puzzled! He doesn’t seem to be distressed in any way about it and he goes about his day as normal so i don’t believe it’s hurting him at all but my main concern is if it’s possibly a early warning sign for something potentially more sinister that could possibly come. Unfortunately I live in a rural town in australia and we do not have any avian vets anywhere close by, the closest one is more than 6 hour drive away. Please let me know your thoughts and any advise would be greatly appreciated (by myself and by gus gus!)

Attachments

• 9FF3AD4C-B26E-4B30-81C2-59E324E44F3A.jpeg
    9FF3AD4C-B26E-4B30-81C2-59E324E44F3A.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 45

Back
Top Bottom