HA HA Chicken Math has stuck

countrylif101

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 21, 2011
The DW was reluctant to let me get chickens. I got my way and got 3 silkie hens. Then added a Cochin Roo. I hatched 5 eggs from when the hens were with a silkie roo. Of which 4 are still with us. Go to Big R supply to get more feed and dog food and low and behold she fell victim to chicken math. She saw the baby chicks and said they are so cute and I love their colors. I let her get one for her and each of our kids. I love how it snuck up on her.
celebrate.gif
:lau I told her in the car on the way home she suffered from chicken math. That I would have to regulate how many we had. Good thing is the newbies are cornish/ white rock, which I believe will wind up in my freezer before to long. Making room for them now. Give it up for the chickens. They win everyone over eventually.
woot.gif

Wonderful more chickens! I agree, how can anyone not think those little chicks are cute???

My DH keeps telling me when we finally get our chickens he will not take care of them, so don't expect him to. Right, he's nothing but a big pushover when it comes to animals... I expect this to work out just like the 125 lb dog we adopted that he promised wouldn't be allowed on the sofa (he now has his own sofa!)

Last edited:
Idk how anyone could be good at chicken math. It just doesn't make any sense NOT to buy some fluffy little chicks in a breed that I don't have. Or if it's a bargain, obviously I can't turn it down, considering how terrible the economy is right now.

hahaha too funny yeah my parents don't care tho the chicks arent laying yet my parents said that as long as they are getting eggs and they don't have to take care of them they don't care just make sure they are well cared for and not cramped, so my limit (for now :)) is about 15. i only have 9 at the moment but my nana just got me an incubator....

Who can resist a baby chick?

Who? My sister! Haha. I have always loved animals, ever since I was a baby. Now, I have ended up with three cats, 6 ducks, and four chickens. She has one dog. She's always telling me "I hate all animals besides my dog", then two minutes later I see her playing with one of my cats, or finding excuses on why she wants to look at my chicks! Ha! She likes, them! She just doesn't want to admit it because I like them.... Oh sisters....

Back
Top Bottom