had to seperate the ducks...

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
ok so today i woke up to ducks quacking up a storm! so i immediately went to the duck pen. my drake was mating with my young 2 month old duck! ahhhhh!!!!!!!!! poor girl didnt know what happened! so i had to seperate the 2 younger ones (who had been in there since they were put outside). I was gonna put the drake in "duck jail" but its not his fault. Its that season.

ugh!!

She doesnt act hurt, just freaked out. Will she be ok????

Quote:
she was moving funny right after. she couldnt even waddle!!! so sad, i feel like she was raped.

shes fine now. i took her (and her sister) in with my polish rooster and hen. they like it much better

Thats horrible , glad to hear she is fine now
smile.png

Quote:
ya i felt awful!!! i heard the ducks sounding an alarm and i went running out there, and the drakes hen was even in on it, quacking and biting the little one! i swooped him up by the neck and held him against me and yelled at him. then i took him to find my husband and he laughed and said i looked like a little kid carrying a pet duck around. i asked him what to do. and so we decided to put the little ducks in with the polish roo and hen. (only 2)

Back
Top Bottom