Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
Here's my sister's egg today, Day 8.
image000003_03(1).jpg
image000005_02.jpg

It seems to be lacking some veins, but it's never been turned so that might be affecting it some. It looks nice and healthy though. Very active.

Also, her egg is being incubated in a still air homemade cooler, while mine's in a forced air. It'll be interesting to see if the still air vs forced air has better success.

Could you take a picture of the egg with the plastic wrap on it so I can see the complete set up? I would like to try next hatching season
If you read through some of my other posts you can get a good idea of how I did it. I modified my original design a bit. What I changed is I stacked 3 Dixie cups, poked holes through the sides with a pin, cut a ring out of a paper towel or toilet paper tube, and set the egg inside of that. I have a little cardboard scrap piece on the side to add some stability. Then I chipped the shell off, covered it with saran wrap, amd out a rubber band over it just under the lip of the cup. That's it! I do open it once a day to take pics and let in some oxygen. Here are a couple pics.
20200519_160246_HDR.jpg
20200519_160255_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom