Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Yes, something similar. Thank you very much though.
Can you help me? This poor baby is so weak. I took it out some to try and help it. Is there anything I can do? It's barely breathing. View attachment 2299642
It certainly didn't develop properly.
About all I can suggest is to tube or syringe some nutri-drench.

That and don't mess with mother nature.

Since no one on this thread was trying this in a sterile laboratory environment, there could be many problems. Accurate sensors and controls for humidity, temperature, sufficient frequent turning of the contents to insure development of the extra embryonic membranes to enable adequate nutrient uptake, oxygen exchange and prevention of excess moisture loss.

Last edited:
It certainly didn't develop properly.
About all I can suggest is to tube or syringe some nutri-drench.

That and don't mess with mother nature.

Since no one on this thread was trying this in a sterile laboratory environment, there could be many problems. Accurate sensors and controls for humidity, temperature, sufficient frequent turning of the contents to insure development of the extra embryonic membranes prevent adequate nutrient uptake, oxygen exchange and prevention of excess moisture loss.
Thanks. 😔
I definitely am all done with this experiment. I just thought it would be amazing to watch it develop instead of just candling. I hate seeing them die though. Egg shells are amazing things. I won't mess with them any more.

Since no one on this thread was trying this in a sterile laboratory environment, there could be many problems. Accurate sensors and controls for humidity, temperature, sufficient frequent turning of the contents to insure development of the extra embryonic membranes prevent adequate nutrient uptake, oxygen exchange and prevention of excess moisture loss.
My thought too. I re-watched the video and it's obvious how far the lab went to keeping the environment sterile right down to sterile gloves and gowns.
MGG, it's possible that no matter how careful you are being, natural environmental bacteria are getting into things. Probably why the pores of eggs are so tiny!

Back
Top Bottom