Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
I found the neatest tool for a safety hole, it's a diamond tipped dremel bit. Finger twist it, and as soon as it punctures the shell, I can feel it and stop. I make sure the membrane is pierced with a straight pin.
WP_20171012_22_38_12_Pro_LI.jpg

I have 1 egg hatching due any day now! I have been following along with this thread and I didnt know I would acctually be hatching with you guys! Kinda a funny story... I put 2 eggs under a broody hen and didn’t think about what day it would hatch and I didn’t mark down the day I set them. Well, long story short, mamma abandoned eggs and one is still alive. She is due to hatch any day now but is a bit behind schedule because of the day with no heat. I am picking up some silkie chicks tomorrow to keep her company if/when she hatches.

Last edited:
Lockdown is tomorrow!!! Ahhhh I can't tell if I am excited or nervous. Got the hatcher all set up
20171028_205311.jpg
I hatch in my Chinese knock off... not as good for the incubation period as my brinsea but holds humidity wonderfully for hatching. I put down a holy shelf liner over the plastic "floor" of the hatcher and then I have a corral I made out of holy plastic craft stuff I use to seperate the different color eggs so I can get an idea of which chicks came from which eggs. If they only have access to a few there is less soccer going on.... sigh but still some get knocked around some. Oh I took the pic before my hatcher wad up to temp and the humidity will come up some

Back
Top Bottom