Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
So chick turned around and now has beak, small end and butt sticking out big, air cell end. Will she be okay like that?
I think as long as they are getting air, they are fine. This chickie has been in that egg for its whole life so no need to worry ;) she will be hatched before you know it

It hatched! It had some green and white blob of goo stuck to its bottom. I’m assuming it was poo. It’s belly is all closed up and it looks good. I’m just doubting it’s a silkie. I ordered it from a breeder who only has, supposedly, paint silkies, but this chick is all pink. Oh well it’s a cutie either way
D34B568B-C457-4337-9A7A-1E812D54DBC4.jpeg

It hatched! It had some green and white blob of goo stuck to its bottom. I’m assuming it was poo. It’s belly is all closed up and it looks good. I’m just doubting it’s a silkie. I ordered it from a breeder who only has, supposedly, paint silkies, but this chick is all pink. Oh well it’s a cutie either way View attachment 1172641
Congratulations!! So adorable!!! Post another picture when she is all fluffed up!!

Ooooh its the exciting time on on this thread! All the babies! :love:pop

My cracked egg is still alive last candle, I peeled back the duck tape as much as I could without damaging the egg more. It is clear of the zip line and pip mark so fingers crossed!:fl

The kindergarten teacher was out of town this weekend so I will have to put those eggs on lock down tomorrow morning asap! They were all doing great last time I checked!
BTW what's everyones preferred lockdown temp? I've got a staggered hatch going in uglybator (just one HAL egg in there, the rest are still in week one, lol), so not sure it's gonna change anything there, but I'm curious!

Ooooh its the exciting time on on this thread! All the babies! :love:pop

My cracked egg is still alive last candle, I peeled back the duck tape as much as I could without damaging the egg more. It is clear of the zip line and pip mark so fingers crossed!:fl

The kindergarten teacher was out of town this weekend so I will have to put those eggs on lock down tomorrow morning asap! They were all doing great last time I checked!
BTW what's everyones preferred lockdown temp? I've got a staggered hatch going in uglybator (just one HAL egg in there, the rest are still in week one, lol), so not sure it's gonna change anything there, but I'm curious!
98ish for forced air.

Back
Top Bottom