Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Ducklings we're due early today. Three appear to be DIS, no pipping, so I candled very quickly to check up on them. One appears to be a VERY late developer. He's small, but still moving, and hasn't filled up the egg yet. I'm going to continue incubating them over the weekend but it appears we may only have a single survivor out of these shipped eggs :(

Ducklings we're due early today. Three appear to be DIS, no pipping, so I candled very quickly to check up on them. One appears to be a VERY late developer. He's small, but still moving, and hasn't filled up the egg yet. I'm going to continue incubating them over the weekend but it appears we may only have a single survivor out of these shipped eggs :(

Sorry your hatch isn't going as good as expected. Good luck, hope you get some to hatch!

I hope it turns out there's more. :fl

Sorry your hatch isn't going as good as expected. Good luck, hope you get some to hatch!

I hope it turns out there's more. :fl

Thanks guys. I hope I get at least one duckling, but it's not looking good.. although, since they were shipped, when I saw their air sacs at the beginning I wasn't very hopeful. Fingers crossed for at least one healthy duckling :fl

Thanks guys. I hope I get at least one duckling, but it's not looking good.. although, since they were shipped, when I saw their air sacs at the beginning I wasn't very hopeful. Fingers crossed for at least one healthy duckling :fl
It's can be hard with shipped eggs. My first attempt at eggs that made a 5 hour journey home with me were not very successful. I got two chicks from 24 eggs.

I'm still hoping and crossing my fingers for you. :fl :)

It's can be hard with shipped eggs. My first attempt at eggs that made a 5 hour journey home with me were not very successful. I got two chicks from 24 eggs.

I'm still hoping and crossing my fingers for you. :fl :)

That's what happened with me the first time I hatched button quail; five chicks out of forty or fifty-some eggs. Maybe someday I'll learn my lesson and just get hatchery/local ffa chicks. But for now... Hoping for the best.

:hugs sorry to hear that and :fl that maybe they were just resting

shipped eggs are wicked tough :hugs

Back
Top Bottom