Halloween :)

Quote:
So where are the pics???

You know we ask for pics on every thread!
wink.png

We live off of the end of a subdivision, but to get to my house trick-or-treaters would have to walk up 800 ft of gravel drive, with no lighting and huge overhanging oak trees that form an arbor... we don't get trick-or-treaters!

I sometimes volunteer as a monster in a haunted house for charity, I have an absolute blast scaring the poop out of adults!
bolt.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
Thankfully they are all on my computer (which is currently dead) so I can get by without showing them off!!!
smile.png

Here is a smilie for your computer.
2206_mourning_over_dead_friend.gif

I love it so much that I refused to get married unless it could be a Hallowedding (I don't believe in marriage, but after seven years together the SO wanted to be able to sleep in the same bedroom when we visited his relatives, so making the wedding into a giant Halloween party was our compromise
tongue.png
)
Whenever there is a cool breeze in summer I always say it feels like Halloween. People think I'm nuts, but I get excited about it months in advance. My SIL celebrates Samhain, which I think is wonderful . . . autumn holidays are just fantastic!
I remember as a teen our neighbor married a man who didn't celebrate Halloween for religious reasons, and they threw away tons of great Halloween stuff she had collected over the years . . . now I'm kicking myself for being too shy to have gone over and snatched some of those goodies for myself. Poo
sad.png

Thanks rooster-red and such an appropriate smiley for this thread too.
smile.png

I remember as a teen our neighbor married a man who didn't celebrate Halloween for religious reasons, and they threw away tons of great Halloween stuff she had collected over the years . . . now I'm kicking myself for being too shy to have gone over and snatched some of those goodies for myself. Poo

I HATE those hindsight "why didn't I" moments.
sad.png

Halloween is my DH's birthday. We do it up real big. One year we had a live band and over 200 people most of which I didn't even know. The local 7-11 loves it when the costumed guests go down for beer runs( we got some wild friends).

Halloween is kinda a family thing here.
I remember when I was a kid. My dad was a telephone lineman. He made a plywood silhouette of a witch. Draped some black fabric over her and then hung her from one of the wires in front of our house.
Since then I have been a HUGE fan.

We put up our annual display. It goes up during the afternoon of the 31st and comes down at around 9pm. All night we talk about what we are doing "next year"
tongue.png

This year I am hoping to do my "FREEZE" theme. But we will see. Last year I made those spider eggs(?) that Martha Stewart had in her Halloween mag. Those were a pain to make. But the kids and adults loved them.

I havent been to Salem on Halloween in years. October is just a very busy month for us. OUr daughters birthday is the 30th:) and we try and get to as many GOOD haunted houses as we can.

Any one want to meet at Barretts Haunted Mansion in Abington MA?? Always a great show! I came up from NC one year just to go to Barretts:D

Back
Top Bottom